What should I write in my will?

We recommend that you consult a solicitor when writing your will. You can find legal professionals in your area on the website.

Please see our for guidance on wording.

How do I make or change my will?

We recommend that you talk to a solicitor who can help you draw up a will or change your existing will. One simple way of changing your will is to use a codicil.

A codicil is a straightforward document that needs to be signed and witnessed in the same way as a will. It allows you to make amendments to an existing will instead of completely re-writing an already written version. Once completed, the codicil must be kept in a safe place together with your will.

What if I change my mind?

Leaving money to the Society is an individual and personal decision, and if you decide to change your mind, then of course we understand. However, if you have told us you plan to leave a gift in your will to the Society and this changes, we would be grateful if you could let us know.

  • Redundancy Support

    If in the current climate you are facing redundancy please see here for more information, including how the ABS can help you.
  • Here when you need us

    Click here for housing advice, financial assistance, mental health support or legal guidance. Architects Benevolent Society are here to help!
  • ABS Covid-19 Response

    Architects Benevolent Society would like to assure those in the wider architectural community that we are here to help and continue to offer our support services.